Working with mysql from the windows command line always unleashes at some point the loudest sound that can be generated by a sound card.
Well, here is how to turn off that feature.
Thank you Ben. You’ve saved my ears.
Perform the following steps to disable your machine’s system beep:
1. Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
2. Expand System Tools and select Device Manager.
3. From the View menu, select Show hidden devices.
4. Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
5. Right-click Beep, and select Properties.
6. Select the Drivers tab.
7. Click Stop. You can also change the start-up type to Disabled so the beep service never starts.
2 responses to “The windows BEEP”
Hi, nice posts there :-) thank’s for the interesting information
In case you actually want to here the beep,
echo -e “\007” >/dev/tty10
And windows (type Ctrl-G to output the ^G):